The more useful the training tool, the faster you can get to the business of good patient care – teaching it, practicing it and eventually, seeing your students use it to assist real people. That’s why we’re excited to announce a medium-fidelity nursing manikin that not only enables students to practice over 20 basic care functions, but teaches first aid, too.
Our Adult Nursing Manikin is such a robust training tool, in fact, that we decided to share the top 10 ways health occupations, allied health
You can use our Adult Nursing Manikin to:
- Practice CPR with a simulator that meets the American Heart Association’s 2019 CPR and ECC guidelines: It includes a feedback device that provides directed, specific, real-time coaching feedback on the rate and depth of chest compression.
- Practice assessing, treating and caring for Stage 1 and 2 pressure injuries
- Practice both
colostomyand ileostomy care, including bag cleaning and changing
- Practice basic intravenous insertion and medication administration, basic intramuscular injection and venipuncture procedures on a training arm that features realistic vein penetration and blood flashback (and comes with our unique FAST-fluid™ management system)
- Practice urethral catheter insertion on (interchangeable) male and female genitalia
- Practice nasogastric insertion, suctioning and care
- Practice oxygenation
- Practice patient transfer, handling and positioning on a life-size adult manikin
- Practice conducting range-of-motion exercises
- Teach 10 comprehensive lessons on patient care topics that include bathing,
rangeof motion, pressure injuries, ostomy care andcatheterization
- BONUS: Teach injury and trauma care by transforming this medical manikin into a trauma manikin with our 43-piece Trauma Moulage Kit