By Nate Schlieve, Realityworks Product Support Technician
Updated RealCare® Control Center Software is vital for RealCare Baby® infant simulator users. After all, without the software users are unable to program Babies, customize individual simulations, track care events or receive simulation reports.
Occasionally, Mac users will encounter this error when updating or installing Control Center Software:
This occurs because of a security feature on most Mac computers. The feature prevents apps and programs from being installed unless they are from the Mac App Store. The good news is that you can turn this feature off in order to update or install your software!
• You must be at your computer
• The Control Center installer must be in your download folder
Steps to Perform
To turn off GateKeeper:
- Open “System Preferences” from the Apple menu
- Choose “Security & Privacy” and then click the “General” tab, followed by clicking the lock icon in the bottom left corner to unlock the setting
• If the lock cannot be clicked, you will need to contact your Network Administrator
- Look for “Allow applications downloaded from:” and choose “Anywhere”
- Accept the security warning and allow
- Try reopening the Control Center Software installer
• It is possible you may have to do this step again when you install the serial driver
Additional Product Support resources like video tutorials, documentation, webinars and FAQs can be found in our online Product Support Center. If you need further support, contact our Product Support Team by calling 800.830-1416, option 2, or emailing email@example.com.