Pediatric ECG Simulator
Use our Pediatric ECG Simulator and curriculum to practice and assess accurate placement of ECG/EKG leads on the body of a 4-year-old child through rib palpation, and recognizing and reading 3-, 4-, 5-, and 12-lead rhythms. Students can also use this simulator to prepare for Domains 2 and 3 of the Certified EKG Technician Exam.
$4,799.00Request a Free Quote
Introduction to Pediatric Electrocardiograms
1. ECG Leads and Obtaining Rhythm Strips in Children
2. ECG Interpretation
3. Atrial Arrhythmias
4. Ventricular Arrhythmias
5. Conduction Block Arrhythmias
Teaching hours: 2
Includes: Presentations slides, student activities and pre- and post-assessments
Aligns to: National Center for Competency Testing’s ECG Technician Certification Exam and NCET National Certified ECG Technician Detailed Test Plan
- Simulator is approximately the size of a 4-year-old
- Smart device provides immediate feedback on electrode placement for 3-, 4-, 5-, and 12-lead configurations
- Electrodes and wires are those used in professional practice
- Smart device can project rhythms for classroom discussion
- Flashcards provide visuals of rhythms and written descriptions
- Use for formative learning in practice mode and summative assessment in testing mode
- Content addresses Domains 2 and 3 of the certified ECG Technician exam
- Workbooks, flashcards, and simulator with smart device provide opportunities for creative classroom management
- Flexible curriculum lets instructors go as deep as needed
- Curriculum includes pre-activities, instructor presentations and assessments
- Scenarios feature pediatric-appropriate rhythms
- Use the simulator and smart device together to practice both lead placement and rhythm interpretation. Or use the simulator alone to practice lead placement, and the tablet alone to practice rhythm identification and assessment
- Shipping Dimensions: 46″ x 30″ x 8″
- Shipping Weight: 23 lbs.
- No play store or app store connection is necessary.
- Tablet comes preloaded with ECG software.
- WiFi is enabled by default only to facilitate access to Realityworks.com product support.
- Product can run without wifi capabilities and can be locked down by school IT staff at their discretion.
- Software updates are not planned but may happen in the future to fix bugs or to add features.
- Possible future software updates to fix bugs or make minor improvements will be provided at no cost.
- Software updates would likely be available as a download. If WiFi access is not permitted, an SD card could be provided.
What careers can this Pediatric ECG Simulator help students prepare for?
- Potential job opportunities include: Electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG) Technician, Electrocardiograph Aide, Cardiac Monitor Technician, Cardiac Monitor Technician, Cardiographic Technician, Rhythm Analysis Technician, Telemetry Monitor Technician, Medical Assistant
- The median average salary for an EKG technician ranges from $55,500 – $80,000 a year
What classes is the Pediatric ECG Simulator often used in?
- The ECG Simulator can help students prepare for the Certified EKG Technician (CET) examination offered by the National Health Career Association (NHA)
- Any class that offers Practical Clinical, Critical Care, Patient Care skills would benefit from practicing with this simulator
- Students training to become a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Paramedic and BLS/EMT can use this simulator to educate on principles of electrocardiography
What electrodes can be used on the ECG Simulator?
- It is recommended to use electrodes supplied by Realityworks (Skintact RT-14), as the adhesive will not damage the simulator surface. Replacement parts can be purchased on our website
- If using electrodes not supplied by Realityworks, it is recommend trying adhesion on a non-critical area to ensure the adhesion will not damage the simulator surface.
What comes with the app on the tablet?
- The app includes a library of 16 default practice and assessment rhythms to improve ECG skills and assess students’ knowledge. The rhythms include: Asystole, Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial Flutter, Bradycardia, First Degree Heart Block, Left Bundle Branch Block, Normal Sinus Rhythm, Premature Atrial Contractions, Premature Ventricular Contractions, Right Bundle Branch Block, Second Degree Heart Block, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Tachycardia, Third Degree Heart Block, Ventricular Fibrillation and Ventricular Tachycardia
Can the instructor customize the assessments?
- Yes! The instructor can choose from a variety of lead placement scenarios, thus creating a variety of assessment options to test students’ skills
What languages are available in the app?
- The tablet display language options include English and Spanish
How do you know if the lead is placed correctly or incorrectly?
- The corresponding lead signal on the app will display red for incorrect placement and green for correct placement
How do I clean my ECG Simulator?
- You can use alcohol and a soft cloth as needed. NOTE: Do not use water on the simulator
Is there a certificate of completion?
- Yes! Teachers can download a certificate of completion once the student has completed the included Introduction to Pediatric Electrocardiography curriculum
Do you offer product support?
- Yes! Our product support team is available M-F 8am-5pm Central Time via phone, email or chat. Contact customer support here
What additional program support do you provide?
International Pricing May Vary.
Check out our International page for appropriate contacts.