By Nate Schlieve, Realityworks Product Support Technician
It is that time of year when most RealCare Baby® infant simulators are put away for a well-deserved rest. Before storing the Babies for the summer, there are a few steps that you may want to follow.
Give the Babies one final full charge.
- The batteries will gradually drain out on their own. Do not be surprised if the Babies start to make a popping sound while in storage. This is an indicator that the batteries are giving off their final amount of charge. Don’t worry; this is normal and the popping sound can last for a few days.
- If the Babies are going to be in storage for longer than 3 months without any use, charge the Baby again in September.
- You can follow along with the “RCB Battery Maintenance” instructions here.
Wash the clothing and clean the Baby.
- Get great cleaning tips here.
Place the Babies in a plastic bag to protect the vinyl.
- Be sure the bag does not have any print that can bleed onto the vinyl
Store the Babies in a cool, dry place.
- If the Babies are stored in a hot environment, remove the Babies from storage when you are ready to use them again, but wait about 24 hours to allow the Babies to adjust to the room temperature before you plug them into a charger.
Additional Product Support resources like video tutorials, documentation, webinars and FAQs can be found in our online Product Support Center. If you need further support, contact our Product Support Team by calling 800.830-1416, option 2, or emailing email@example.com.